Tuesday, March 17, 2009

La concha de la lora

Hellllooooooo fiends!

How are we all? Bien, muy bien, fatal, fenomenal?

Well I am just great thanks for asking. I´m STILL in Bariloche. And still at school! Honestly, it´s great to be back at school. In fact class is probably ten times more amusing than university, what with there being no assignments or grades and never any homework that I can´t do over breakfast. And a million times better than being at high school school because our hormones have settled down at last.

On the weekend we went walking in the mountains. Muy lindo! Oh I´m lame. Anyway we went for a wonderful little hike up Cerro Lopez. You can click here for a nice little picture of the refugio where we had lunch, if you like: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiY3eJ9WfzCcV0Al5Jil2BGrmvk64EfrKTog5dL067IDhnkcFwrCX8EESlW3gyZl4sVWQtJMbMkrW6l6D6HJD1wXf8ssscuaIhjaUmqSGiIxfTPZrYIllzckc0IZSbF7xn3PkTyoF1VqDYe/s400/refugio.JPG

Sorry. HTML coding on this keyboard is sort of difficult. So is forming parentheses.

Bariloche is lovely and lakey. And mountainy. People seem to think it is touristy and the city is not so pretty, but I really like it. It reminds me a tiny bit of Fremantle, in terms of size and layout. Only on a lake, not a port. But it has a bit more of a ski resort feel. Everything hell of alpine. Woody as all heck. Still, it isnt laid on as thick as in El Calafate. I think most of the touristy stuff happens out of town. Sorry for lack of punctuation, there is something horribly wrong with this keyboard.

My homework for today is to write about my routine in Australia. So I will probably have to write about my last job. How depressingggggggg.

Yesterday at school we met the new students for the week, and one of them was an engineer from Perth who basically lives on the same block as Ro. Since I cannot work out how to get an exclamation mark, I will say in lieu: oh my goodness. This is our first instance of being Perth`d thus far. Last week we befriended two excellent Oregonians called MATT and OTIS, the latter being a most pleasing name, and were sad to see them go. But luckily there are some interesting folks who have signed up this week. Tonight we are going out for St Patrick`s day. Muy Argentinian. Apparently it is a fairly big deal here despite a virtually nonexistent expat population. Way to go Argentina.

Anyway the lack of punctuation is irritating me deeplyªªªªª. They were supposed to be exclamation marks. But it just sounds like I am writing in a cynical monotone.

Chau chau
Lion

(Or Lina, since it seems to be easier for people to pronounce. You don`t get the first bit of my name in case of stalkers, but you know what it is.)

No comments:

Post a Comment