Saturday, May 9, 2009

Boliviargh!

We are in Bolivia and it is so Bolivian that I can hardly stand it! Here are some Bolivian things that have happened to me so far:

-We bought a menu del dia - menu of the day - for $2 each. Soup, bread, fried rice with egg and potato and even one or two vegetables in the rice, and a piece of watermelon. Ro got meat with hers!

-We had to use several toilets without seats. Also: we used a squat toilet!

-I bought ludicrous stripey pants which I am currently wearing. Also a tie dyed headband, ohhhhh nooooooo.

-KATE! Pay attention, this bit is about you!! Due to automobile difficulties, I was forced to entertain myself by playing 'Singing Songs To Ro That My Sister Has Written.' She was thrilled to hear joyous and jaunty renditions of 'Big Fat Roly Poly Santa,' 'Poor Wrinkly Kate,' 'Like A Little Russian Peasant Girl,' 'The Hippopotamus Song' and more too I think.

-We got stranded for a night in the highest city on Earth (no dodgy business mum don't worry).

But I have to go and catch a bus to Sucre! I just wanted to assure you that I am doing well and that Boliv is living up to my wildest dreams.

Love love love
Lion

2 comments:

  1. also i forgot ¨Cowboy and Injuns (by David Bowie)¨

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally, BOLIVA Has Started! she thought to her self while using a seatless toilet.

    ReplyDelete