Monday, March 30, 2009

a dorm in pucón

last night:

guy in our dorm: how was your day, mate?
me: good... do we know you?
guy: nope.
me: ah righto no worries. just wondering. you are obviously australian.
guy in dorm: yep. where are you girls from?
me: xxx
guy: yeah me too. well, actually from xxx.
me: wait, we DO know you! weren´t you in bariloche, at hostel 41 below?
guy: nope!
me: oh.
guy: no, i was there for dinner.
me: oh, haha... please dont tell lion, she will be so depressed. she was so disappointed to meet someone from her hometown in south america! and now you´re here again...
guy: well thanks a lot! some women would be STOKED to see me here! i mean i follow you all the way here... sorry i didn´t bring FLOWERS!!
me (laughing): yeah sorry i guess that was a bit harsh huh

I was quite amused by this conversation.

tomorrow i will have been away from home for two months :O :O :O it doesnt feel like very long, but i am a little homesick today (it doesnt help that the weather is so bad). i am not complaining though (i would expect you to be disgusted with me if i did complain!)... i am loving this whole travelling dealio to be perfectly honest with you all! :D

2 comments:

  1. wow, two months?! that went really quick! it sounds like you are having an awesome time, i am living vicariously through you both. it's okay to feel homesick sometimes ro, it's normal! keep having fun xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah i understand why she was upset, i was pretty upset when i found out she came from the same town too.

    ReplyDelete