Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Back 2 Skool

Hello! Today I went... Back 2 Skool.

Yes that is completely correct, yesterday Robo and I enrolled in a one week Spanish course. Actually we only enrolled in four days, since we arrived here on Monday after class began, but they didn´t charge us for the first day. The classes run between 9-11 with a little break halfway through, when they give us tea and coffee and medialunas.

The other students are pretty alright from what I can see - everyone is super friendly. I´m in a class with three others - a guy called JP (Jean-Pierre) from Holland, another Australian called Kerry and a dude from Nottingham/New Zealand called Jonathon. Takes all types to build a world, no? (I don´t know what that has to do with anything.)

Tonight we are going to una cerveceria. To drink una cerveca (I´m guessing). I guess if you stop and think about it, it is kind of cool to go to a brewery on a school trip. Last night we took a salsa lesson, which was a neat trick since we weren´t actually paying for Monday´s classes. I was less incredible than you might have expected. The fact that it was all in Spanish didn´t help though.

Our hostel is cool too. Our new Belgian friends Jurgen and Oliver, whom we met in Chalten, recommended it to us. It´s a nice mix of social and not-full-of-drunk-Australians - in fact most people are Latin American so far as I can tell. Also it has a cubby house with a slide in the backyard. A slide! I´m not sure if we are allowed to use it. The only bummer is that they don´t serve you breakfast. This is pretty crap to be honest.

The weather is warm again! Like a lovely early summer´s day in Perth. Why, I am wearing a skirt as I type this very sentence. Also my Leonard Cohen shirt. DID YOU KNOW?! I love Leonard Cohen.

Somewhat incredibly, I´ve already done my homework for today, but even more incredibly, I am now off to revise a little. Although I shouldn´t get too congratulatory because really this is just an excuse to buy another notebook and some pencils. Stationery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like stationery.

I´ve been away for a month today, if you can believe it. I can (why wouldn´t I?)

Love love love love love
Carolion

PS. Yes I know I haven´t finished writing about the hike.

No comments:

Post a Comment