Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Vaccinations!

On Tuesday morning I got my first cervical cancer vaccine, as paid for by the Australian government. Thanks guys!

This doesn't have anything to do with travel but I thought I would tell you so that you would feel more sympathy when I tell you that last night, Wednesday, I had jabs for:

-Rabies
-Tetanus/diphtheria/whooping cough
-Yellow Fever

My right arm (cervical cancer/rabies) is doing okay but OH GOD my left arm (DTW/Yellow Fever) is so SORE, I couldn't sleep on it last night. The jabs didn't hurt much at the time but hoo boy I am feeling them now.

Ro got it worse than me. She had to have four shots in the one day. How brave!

I still have to get Hep A and two more rabies shots. The first rabies shot was completely gross! A little bubble forms in your skin around the site of the shot. It didn't really hurt though, and it was much worse looking at Robocop's "little bubble" than my own. Also the surgery had a really revolting picture on the back of the door of a man holding up a tapeworm that he had somehow retrieved from his intestines. It was incredibly long. I am so glad that I don't eat meat.

Vaccinations are really expensive you guys!

2 comments:

  1. it is such a freaking gip that just because i don't have a cervix i don't get that vaccine free too

    ReplyDelete
  2. my arm reeeeaaally hurts too and i didn't get the tetanus vaccine, so i guess the moral of the story is "yellow fever vaccines are painful"!

    also my arm is really hot around the injection site, did you get that too? it's pretty wacky!

    ReplyDelete