Sunday, December 14, 2008

Oh god oh god oh god.

At roughly five o'clock this morning I woke up in terror and thought to myself, with a savage revelatory jolt, I leave the country in EIGHT WEEKS!!!. I'd just had a horrible dream about an enormous cockroach trying to crawl its way into my mouth and I'm not sure whether it was the dream that provoked the anxiety or the anxiety that provoked the dream but either way it was most unnerving. Naturally I was aware that I was in fact headed for South America in two months, but I'm sure you know as well as I do that two months is a very different amount of time to... EIGHT WEEKS!!!

I had to wake my boyfriend Mark up and make him wrap his arms around me and talk to me about things other than (for instance) packing up my apartment, the apparent millions of vaccinations that I should have had months ago but didn't, and the panicky phone calls from my mother I was likely to receive in upcoming weeks. So we had a sleep-deprived-yet-animated conversation about what it would theoretically be like in heaven (the main thing we agreed on was that heaven would necessarily entail the rigorous collection of statistics, e.g. someone's job would obviously be to tally the amount of antelopes on earth that were hungry at that precise moment.)

And eventually I calmed down and went back to sleep. Then the alarm went off. So we put it on snooze. And then I calmed down again and went back to sleep. An hour later Mark woke me up and said "Oh shit Caro the snooze didn't work you're late for work" which gave me a whole new set of things to worry about.

Anyway I made it to work so now I'm back onto worrying about things I need to do, and one of the more exciting and less urgent things on the to-do list was "CREATE BLOG" and so now at least I have this gruelling part of the procedure out of the way so I am free to focus on "LEARN TO SPEAK SPANISH WITH FLUENCY AND WIT" and "WORK OUT WAYS NOT TO DIE". I figure it is a pretty good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment